Saturday, May 22, 2010

HELLO, 2ND TRIMESTER!!!

We reached a huge milestone this week and reached the end of the first trimester!!!  I am still puking a few times a day but just knowing that the risk of miscarriage is now less than 1% makes me feel like dancing!  (Of course, I tried a little dancing at school yesterday and ended up losing my lunch so that's maybe not such a great idea! Ha!) 

This morning, noon, and night sickness is no joke.  The last few weeks have been pretty brutal.  I've been told by lots of people that it should start easing up now and even my doctor said it will hopefully get better in a week or two.  Of course, I've also heard all the lovely stories of ladies who are sick the entire pregnancy so, who knows?  As long as that little baby is healthy, I can handle it.  In fact, I'm actually getting good at puking if that's possible.  I know it can hit me at any time so I've learned to be prepared.  I've only thrown up on myself a couple of times - the worst of which was driving home from a work party.  Driving home the last few miles covered in my own vomit was as gross as it sounds.  Needless to say, I now carry a vessel dedicated to that purpose with me at all times.  The good news is that I'm off for the summer and I have the next 8 weeks where I don't have to get up at 5:30 as sick as can be and try to get showered and dressed.  That's a huge blessing.  I think nice, liesurely mornings may be just what I need because I stayed in bed until 9 today and then took it easy on the couch after breakfast and it's almost 3 pm and I haven't thrown up yet.  Not bad!  We're going on a date tonight, dinner and a movie.  I have a huge craving for a Ted's bison burger so Lew is taking me there.  It's the first real food I've wanted in a while so I hope I keep it down -  at least through the movie!   

Want to see why I'm so okay with all this puking?  Take a look at the pics of our ultrasound from May 12th!  Notice the sweet little hands and feet and our baby's beautiful face turned towards you.  The first picture shows it touching it's face.  Pretty awesome, right???  And the best part was I got to see it moving around like crazy!  It literally took my breath away when I saw that and I cried like a baby.  I only wish Lewis could have been there with me so that he could have seen it. :(  Of course, our next ultrasound will show even more development and more movement and he'll be there then.  We actually go back to the doctor this Thursday and should be able to hear the heartbeat for the first time.  We feel so blessed to be experiencing this and I start to cry every time I stop and think about it.  Thank you God for this amazing gift!!

1 comment:

  1. lots of morning sickness, sounds like it's going to be a girl!

    ReplyDelete