Thursday, June 24, 2010

17 weeks!

Well, I'm 17 weeks now and the morning sickness is finally starting to subside - for real this time!  I've only gottten sick a couple of times in the past week!  I can't tell you how happy I am to finally feel better after 4 months of puking.  Thank you, God!

We had our monthly OB appointment this morning.  It was short and sweet and we were in and out of there in less than 30 minutes.  No ultrasound this time but she listened for the baby's heartbeat and we were able to hear it loud and clear.  :)  It was supposed to be the first time we've heard it but I have to admit that we've been cheating and listening to it at home with a fetal doppler heart monitor we ordered from Amazon for around $60.  It is awesome!  I usually just listen for about a minute or two each night and let me tell you, hearing that little heart beating gives me so much comfort and makes us both feel so connected to that little life growing in there.  You can even hear when the baby moves because it makes a swooshing noise like water moving around.  Amazing!  I don't think I've actually felt the baby move yet although there have been a couple of times where I've felt something I wasn't sure about.  I can't wait to actually feel it and know what it is without a doubt.  Shouldn't be long now!

We go back in 3 weeks for the BIG ultrasound where they do the anatomy scan and we find out whether we are having a boy or girl!  I am so excited to finally know one way or the other!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment