Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Fun Times!

This week, I am 22 weeks along!  Time seems to be flying by now!  And little Lucy sure seems to be doing well because she's been doing flips in my belly and has even given me a couple of good little kicks lately.  I love feeling her moving and I can tell she's getting stronger every day.  I have waited for this feeling for what feels like forever and it's just as magical as I imagined!!

Lew and I have been busy planning for our new addition lately and we've gotten lots done.  We finally decided on a nursery theme!!  Yay!  We're going with Pottery Barn's "Penelope" bedding with pink and green for the nursery colors.  I love the little mama and baby birds on this bedding and we both really liked the colors.  Here's what it looks like:


We also registered at Babies R Us last night and it was so much fun!  It's amazing how much stuff a new baby needs but we felt so wonderfully blessed to finally be doing this!  Lewis was so cute and loved scanning all the items.  He's pretty clueless when it comes to what newborns and infants need but he loves learning about all the baby stuff and he really wants to be a part of all of it.  (This is one of the many reasons I know he is going to be an amazing father!)  Last night got us both really excited about meeting our little girl in a few short months and we left with the biggest smiles on our faces.  I'm going to register at Target today as well since they also have lots of cute baby stuff.  Can't wait!

As for how I'm feeling...  Well, I feel pregnant - much more pregnant this week than last.  My belly is starting to really pop and I feel a heaviness walking around that's new.  (For those of you asking, I'll try to post a picture of my growing bump next time!)  I'm enjoying the feeling right now but I know this is only the beginning and Lucy and I have a LOT more growing to do.  I haven't had anymore trouble with bleeding but I'm still on restricted activity for now.  I go back to the doctor on the 10th and they will do another ultrasound to check the position of the placenta and I'm praying it has moved so I can get back to normal.  Oh, and I'm still sick. At this point, I've just accepted that it's probably going to be that way until I give birth and I'm okay with that.  The part that bothers me is feeling like I can't do all the things I want to but I'm sticking to the doctors orders and will as long as I need to. 

Overall, I am absolutely loving this part of my pregnancy and I am happier than I've ever been in my whole life!  I am just so grateful and very, very blessed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment