Monday, September 20, 2010

7 months and growing!!

Sorry it's been so long since our previous post.  We've just been so busy!  I can't believe how fast things are going now! I'm in the 3rd trimester - the home stretch!  I'm feeling great too which is a huge blessing. Yes, I'm still sick a few days a week but I'm so excited and happy that I barely notice anymore. :)  And other than heartburn and some minor back pain, I don't have any other symptoms.  Thank you, God!

I could honestly cry from happiness at any point throughout the day (and I often do) because I feel so incredibly blessed to be experiencing this amazing gift.  God has been so good to us and answered our prayers to make our dream of parenthood a reality.  I love my little Lucy so much already and I feel so lucky to be bringing her into this world!  We are not taking one moment of this journey for granted!

For those of you asking who haven't seen it on Facebook, here's a belly picture of us at 28 weeks pregnant. (We'll have to take a new one this week since we'll be 30 weeks - can't believe it!)



Other developments:
Lucy's nursery now has pink walls!! Her daddy spent Labor Day weekend working on her room and he did an awesome job! We still have lots to do but now that the walls and ceiling are painted, I can focus on decorating.  My parents are supposed to come visit this week while we're off work and Daddy is going to help Lewis refinish the dresser he used as a baby and throughout his childhood.  We're going to use it as a dresser/changing table combo.  I still need to get the rocker recovered and will hopefully make a fabric choice for that this week.  I'm feeling so anxious about getting her room ready and I know it's probaby just that nesting instinct everyone talks about.  I'm trying to take it a little at a time since I still have to take it easy - but I want it done NOW!  Poor Lewis is being so patient with me and going along with all my plans.  I honestly don't know what I would do without him.  He's been taking care of most chores around the house and has even taken over the laundry lately.  He takes such good care of me and I tell Lucy at least once a day how lucky we are to have him.  I love him so very much! 

Here he is hard at work painting the nursery:


A few weekends ago, we had our shower in Greensboro.  It was amazing!!!  The wonderful hosts/hostesses did an awesome job with everything and we had the best time!  Lewis's parents made the trip from here and I got to see some friends I haven't seen in years along with lots of famiy and friends.  We felt showered in love and came home with a car FULL of goodies for our little Lucy.  She is going to be one loved little girl! :)  Here are a few pictures from that night.  I know Lewis's mom took a ton more but these are the only ones I have for now. 



I have a doctor's appointment next week for a regular checkup and then 2 weeks later, I'll have another ultrasound to check the position of my placenta.  If it hasn't moved by then, we'll discuss scheduling a c-section.  I'm hoping we won't need one but I'm okay with whatever gets Lucy here safely.  :)  She's been a busy little lady lately - lots and lots of moving, kicking, and jabbing.  I can't describe how much I love that feeling and I can tell it's something I'll miss once she's born.  Lewis can clearly feel her movements now and we've even discovered if we press in on my belly, she likes to kick back.  Pretty cool, right?

I have a few craft projects planned this week and will post pictures as I get done.  It's such a blessing to have this week off together for Fall Break and perfect timing for all the projects we want to get accomplished. :)

1 comment:

  1. your baby belly is adorable! can't wait to see lucy's room. so glad everything is going well for you guys! love you both so much!

    ReplyDelete